Mitchell Homes Fredericksburg
Did you know…
That According to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), your HVAC system could be costing you an additional $1,000 per season to run, due to dirty coils and clogged filters, it not cleaned and properly maintained. Regular maintenance by a licensed technician can help with all of these issues. Here’s what you can do on your own!
1. Change Your AC filters monthly. This enables your unit to run more efficiently.
2. Block out direct sun with drapes and window shades.
3. Your mother always told you to “Keep the door shut when the AC is on!” Mom’s don’t lie. Ever.
4. The use of your ceiling fans will help circulate cool air throughout your home.
5. Keep the Temperature cool at night and warmer during the day, when no one is home. A Programmable Thermostat is an affordable way to do that. Mitchell Homes can help direct you to the right thermostat for the job.
6. Do a visual inspection of the outside unit to be sure no limbs, branches or debris are near the unit. A Small branch could easily puncture the coil when it turns on.
7. Make sure your home is well insulated. Insulation with an R factor between 30 and 49 is very effective and can save you up to 10% in A/C costs!
8. A UV light can kill off harmful bacteria and help keep supply air cleaner than without.
9. Test your AC System. Before Summer arrives, test your AC system by turning the unit on and allowing it to run for a few minutes. Listen for any strange noises and note anything out of the ordinary. If you notice something not quite right with your system, schedule a service call and have your AC repaired by a license technician. If you discover this now in the Springtime, you still have some time to schedule the repair before the summer heat arrives!
10. Mitchell Homes has many options available to homeowners to increase the efficiency of your HVAC system. Your health, comfort, and savings through efficiency are worth it!
Article by Green Air, Inc.